When a search is central to the website concept and the user experience, requirements often exceed the standard CMS and Shop functions. In this case, we recommend the use of a high-performance search server, which is operated independently of the website or the shop. Solr and Elasticsearch provide modern enterprise-level search technology in the open-source sector.
The search servers deliver advanced search functions that users are already familiar with from well-known web services.
- Search word completion
- Sorting and ranking of the search results according to the company's own criteria
- Clustering of results by category
- Faceting (refining search results with individual filter criteria)
- Individual word stemming and synonym search, including for the respective specialist area
- Real-time search: Instant results
- Fast and prompt indexing of new content (index queue instead of crawler)
- Index replication is possible for distribution to different, locally distributed servers
- Full indexing of external documents is possible (e.g. technical data sheets)
- Search within databases and other external data sources
- Search in structured data (= machine-readable content)
- Open interfaces (XML, JSON, REST) for individual extensions
With many websites, one of the objectives is to place your own content as visibly as possible in the relevant search engines, such as Google, Bing or other – for example locally relevant – search engines, such as Baidu in China. To achieve long-term success, it is necessary from the outset to view search engine optimisation as an ongoing process rather than a one-off project.
Strategic Consulting and Measuring Success
- SEO is always considered automatically from the start of a project and integrated into the project process. We are also happy to work together with your SEO/SEA agency.
- On request, we will be happy to take over the initial set-up and management of accounts to check search engine success (e.g. GSC or SEO tools). We also offer regular search engine success analyses and compilation of SEO reports to visualise your progress and identify any potential problems.
Enabling Effective Editorial SEO
Editorial SEO is more than just writing search engine-friendly copy incorporating as many industry-relevant keywords as possible. We always set up your backends so that there are input options in place for further optimisation.
- Output of the content in semantically correct, structured source code
- Option to input alternative metadata (such as page title, meta description)
- Automatic generation of redirects for revised pages or creation of manual redirects, if required
- Creation of structured data for pages and entities (individual machine-readable, structured content) in accordance with schema.org, if required
- Tools, such as Yoast SEO or SEO dashboards, are integrated into the CMS/shop to enable content managers to easily monitor the effectiveness of their actions
Technical SEO using current technologies
Performance issues are becoming increasingly important in the field of technical search engine optimisation. We always create the technical concept with search engine-friendly solutions in mind.
- server-side optimisation of page speed (e.g. by HA proxy, caching, CDN, HTTP/2 etc.)
- mobile-friendly by default
- scalable even with peak loads
- awareness of Google Core Web Vitals
- guaranteed crawlability through
- optimum crawl budget utilisation
- avoidance of duplicate content
- automatic transfer of sitemaps and other interface data to the search engines