Web applications are often modular and dynamic
Today, modern web applications are a central marketing and sales hub, the content of which is fed from many different sources and which transmits information to various systems for further processing.
This gives rise to a highly complex and dynamic product that includes a wide range of content from specialist services:
- Product information is supplied from a PIM tool
- The dealer search content is controlled by the CRM
- The Careers section is populated by a recruitment service
- A MAM provides the application with the latest promotional material
- Social plug-ins bring new content from the social web to the homepage every second
Conversely, the web application collects a lot of information and forwards it to other services:
- Orders in the online shop are transferred to the internal enterprise resource planning system (ERP)
- Newsletter registrations are qualified and forwarded to different communication channels in the CRM tool
- The payment service provider receives payment data and sends a corresponding status back to the shop
- An analysis tool captures visitor flows and forwards them to the performance team
- Contact enquiries are directed to the right contact, depending on the content
Together we develop a seamless and harmonious system landscape
Despite its many moving parts, your application acts as a single piece of software for your users, even if the interfaces are manifold and separated from each other at the technical level. That's our expertise!
We have over 20 years of experience in the development and operation of websites, online shops and apps, seamlessly blending a wide range of services and technologies together.
Online Media Net
For our customer Westfalia we successfully connected apollon's Online Media Net to the online store.
For our customer Hörmann, we successfully connected the dealer forums to SAP CDC for user authentication.
We successfully connected Viamedici EPIM to the corporate website for our customer pfm medical.
From our Working Experience
The design and development of interfaces is one of our core competencies, which we have demonstrated in many projects, some for our clients pfm, IMparat and Kaldewei. In most cases, manufacturers of digital technologies provide interfaces to larger external services. If that is not the case, we develop these interfaces ourselves. We focus on performance and the user experience with the aim of seamlessly integrating your digital services.
Launch of the IMparat Online Shop
This project included digitising the existing product range and all underlying business processes. Marketing Factory developed the new online shop based on Shopware 5 and seamlessly integrated TYPO3 CMS version 9.5 LTS.
Linking Hybris PIM to TYPO3 CMS
We were commissioned to link the TYPO3 CMS to a Hybris PIM, which has informational control over the worldwide product range as a single source of truth (SSOT), in order to make editorial work more efficient. The objective was to achieve standardised product data across all channels, a reduced maintenance workload with low error rates in the CMS, fast updates in all languages, and a consistent presentation of the product range.
Upgrading the Corporate Websites & PIM Integration
The current TYPO3 installation underwent a technical upgrade to version 10 in 2020. In this context, the project was used to simultaneously integrate the pfm medical product catalogue via a PIM interface.