Depending on the target group, a high proportion of users access websites through mobile devices. To ensure optimum usability and functionality, websites need to meet all the requirements of mobile devices and conventional desktop PCs. Regardless of whether users access websites on iPhone, iPad or Android-based smartphone and tablets, such as the Samsung Galaxy or Google Nexus, the different devices affect the usability and appearance of a website.
The common solution for all models is known as responsive web design.
A responsive website reacts to the requirements of the mobile device and perfectly adapts text, images and menu navigation to the device’s screen format. We gear our work to the mobile devices from the development stage – there is therefore no need for time-consuming and costly preparatory Photoshop work.
- Consistent and flexible appearance of the website with convenient operation by smartphone, tablet or desktop PC.
- Optimum and hardware-independent display on all screen sizes
- Perfect browsing experience for users on all devices
- Creation and maintenance of a single template for all devices
- Ongoing coordination and testing during the development process
- Optimised workflow through "form follows function & content", i.e. the design is based on the content and structure of the website.
When developing a responsive website, first and foremost it is essential to review and collate all content to obtain an overall impression. The content inventory stage involves evaluating all content in terms of its implementation and presentation in a responsive design. Due to the limited size of mobile device screens, the concept development of a responsible web design starts with the smallest device and ends with the largest.
After developing initial wire frames and a first prototype, the break points are defined for content and menus, which then control the display for the respective mobile devices. Only at the last stage of the process is the design developed in the web browser before the new web design undergoes a thorough test process on all devices using various web browsers. Only when the tests have been successfully passed can the new design be rolled out.